Monday 12 March 2018

Multiplication Flowers (FREE Printable)

Multiplication Learning Aid


multiplication flowers 
on my classroom wall display
When introducing simple multiplication to my DD5, I had spent the previous year just working on skip counting in 2s, 5s, and 10s until she knew it well and had mastered it. Then when I felt that she was ready and needed a step up, I had researched creative learning materials for multiplication, and one that stood out was multiplication flowers, they looked pretty and was a hit for my very girly daughter. So I DIY'ed them with pen and colored paper and this is how they turned out;



These were a great tool to learn time tables and visually see the pattern for each times table. I would introduce a multiplication flower of the 10 times table and ask DD "how do you make 20?" She would answer "you need two 10s" or "2 x10" then we would lift up the petal flap for the answer and celebrate when it was right or try again if it wasn't. Another neat discovery was that they were also awesome for learning division too. I would ask "how many 10s are in 80?" and she would answer "there are 8 tens"and again lift up the petal flap to check the answer.



Within one month she had learnt the 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, and 11 times tables with the help of these multiplication flowers. So, because it was such a wonderful success with us and of how much we loved using them, I have designed for my readers a FREE printable of the 1 to 12 time tables, I hope you enjoy them as much as we did, please share with us in the comment section section below of how you got on.




2 comments:

  1. I can't find the printable to make the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing valuable thoughts.
    The right trainer will lead to a bright future for your kids. ADHD Treatment in Chennai will provide the best core techniques for the brain.
    Giving the proper training for your kids' brain in the early stage itself will be great for kids' futures.The training for the Memory Improvement Techniquesshould be practiced at least 10- 15mitunes a day Their proper training will lead your kids towards the right path.

    ReplyDelete