Thursday 3 May 2018

Update on my 5 year old Quran Memrisation

Following from the post what my 3 year old is up to? I thought of writing a separate post about my DD5. It is our third year of homeschooling, I was expecting my third child and my husband thought it would be better to enroll her into a Quran school which you can read about our experience of it here. We still kept up with homeschooling minus me having to teach Quran memorization. Up until the birth of my third child I homeschooled DD new concepts in Maths and English so that after my birth she could just review and practice everything that she had newly learnt, which worked out very well, as I used workbooks that she would do independently and it gave me time recover and work on a new routine with 3 children. Homeschooling this year was nice and relaxing for me and I hope it was more fun and exciting for her as I intended that this year we would do more hands on learning and make learning more engaging with topics and projects that interested her. A summary of the academic subjects we have covered so far;



Quran

After finishing a semester at the Quran school, DD memory was very sharp, she had learnt an extra juz and half within 14 weeks of being there plus revising previous surahs and memorizing ahadith and some Islamic poems. Her last surah she was working on was surah al mujaadilah. I haven't allowed her to memorize more since 5 months now and instead worked on her revising these 3 juz. Although she takes her own initiative and does her own memorization with surahs that she likes, since she can read from the mushaf she teaches herself. At the moment she has been working on surah ar rahman and surah al waaqi'ah.



After the experience with her first Quran school, we took a break and hired a private tutor, but then decided to enroll her to another Islamic school, where her older cousins attended. The school accepted her for the last 5 weeks of the semester. They assessed her level and although she was miles ahead of her classmates ranging from 5 to 8 years old, her cousin insisted that she join KG3 class since it was age appropriate and she would enjoy herself better there. And she did!! One of the main reasons was because of the kids that attended there, they were mostly English speaking expats learning how to speak Arabic and their mothers also attended the adult classes in the floor above, which meant kids and mothers were on the same bus, so the children behaved better. The kids were lovely and friendly, and so was the teacher. Her Quran revision was easy for her this month at her new school, as it was reviewing surahs upto surah al mutafifin. I am hoping to start hifdhs with her again as it has been a long break for us both. And be more regular in reading the tafseer which she enjoys listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment